We get a lot of requests from users wondering if they can use MoeScroll Advanced along with JoomFish. The answer to this question is: Yes!
There are a few things that need to happen before MoeScroll Advanced will work correctly with JoomFish but the process is fairly straightforward and painless.
Step 1: Turn of Caching for MoeScroll Advanced
- In the Module settings for MoeScroll Advanced click on the "Advanced" Tab, you may have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to see it.
- Under the "Advanced" tab, turn the "Enable Cache" setting to "No Caching".
- Click the "Save" icon at the top of the screen to save the setting.
Step 2: Make Sure all Content Items to be used in MoeScroll have a translation!
- In the Administrator side of the your site, click on "Components" then "JoomFish" then "Translation"
- In the "Translation" section of JoomFish set the "Languages" drop down to the desired language and the "Content Elements" drop down to "Contents". This will bring up a list of your content items.
- Select the Content Item you wish to use by clicking on the Title of the Content Item.
- You need to fill in all of the fields: Title, Alias, Introtext & Full Text. You can use the "Copy" icon to the right of each field to quickly populate the items.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and switch the "Content Language" drop down to your default language.
Step 3: Clear the Joomla Cache
- In the Administrator side of your site, click on the "Tools" menu item then the "Clean Cache" option below.
- If there are no items listed, you can skip to Step 4.
- Select all the checkboxes next to the listed items and click the "Delete" icon at the top of the page.
Step 4: You are finished! Go to your site and refresh the page!
If you are still experiencing problems please go through the list one more time to make sure you did not miss anything and then create a trouble ticket using the 'Support' section of MoeDesigns.com.